Friday, February 11, 2011

Perfect Weight Loss Plan

Jenny C., WW, Atkins, South Beach, Nutri-System, Calorie Counting, Cabbage Soup, Slim-Fast, Starvation, Binge/Purge ... you can lose weight using any weight loss program out there if you stick to it. Some methods are dangerous, some are expensive, some are time consuming, some are tried and true and healthier than others but if you can't see yourself doing it for the rest of your life and think once you get the weight off you can go back to eating like you did before you are setting yourself up to fail.


I can't tell you how many times I thought I had my weight problem licked after losing 60+ pounds only to regain it in record time and end up fatter than I was before I started the life-changing diet.

This time was different. Nothing, I mean, absolutely nothing, was off limits. I've had cake, cookies, pasta, bread, alcohol, you name it, I've eaten it and still lost weight. The difference this time is I've only had what I really wanted. I stayed away from the boxed crap and only indulged if I REALLY wanted it. If I took a few bites and it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, I didn't finish it.

I've also put in more time at the gym than I ever have before. I learned how amazing an endorphin high can be and I've become addicted to cardio kickboxing. I absolutely love how I feel after getting good and sweaty at the gym. Some days it is a struggle to get there but it is always worth it.

I read so many blogs where people moan about not being able to eat chocolate or go out to dinner with friends because of the temptations they will face. Dieting shouldn't take over your life. You need to find one that works with your life and one that you can do for the rest of your life. I never thought I'd be saying this but if I can do it, you can too. Find what works for you and stick with it, be consistent and never give up.

What works for you?

6 comments:

  1. This is EXACTLY what I needed to read today to feel I am not alone! This is where I am headed to and it is WHAT I have secretly believed for a long time. I am right there with you NEVER give up....still testing all the different ACTIVITIES to find a few different ones that work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Funny how moderation actually works, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you... in theory. But in practice, for me personally, I am the one who struggles still with temptation. I have read similar thoughts from some very successful maintainers so I know there is something to what you say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked reading that some one has a succesful way of losing weight. But I am on a diet tht I can't do for the rest of my life. The Cambridge Weight Plan is temporary and when you ease off the diet for 6 weeks you learn to eat well and maintain your weight. Right now is day 110 for me and I wish there were more people commenting on my blog cause sometimes I get tired of the journey and wish I as there yet. I started off at 181.2lbs in december and I am trying to reach 121.3lbs in june. Your story inspires me but whe you say you gained all the weight after quitting some diet that scars me. I'd like to talk to you to learn from what exactly went wrong when you got off those diets. I've never really ben on a strict diet before so I'd like to preven ever relapsing to he point that im heavier then 181lbs... Could you advise me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get so many followers? I would love that to...

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed