Friday, January 15, 2010

You Are So Beautiful ....To Me

A big THANK YOU to one of my favorite bloggers, Tammy From Fat to Fab, who bestowed the Beautiful Blogger Award upon me. With so many amazing bloggers out there it seems a bit crazy she would pick me. (Hey Tammy - have you lost your mind along with all those pounds?).

I'm flattered to receive this award especially since I'm constantly wondering if I should go back to just lurking around the blogsphere and commenting instead of having my own place to write. I spend so much time only to produce mediocre posts when others seem to do it so much better and with apparent ease. Whenever I think of shutting this blog down I think of all the support I get from all of you. I don't think I can give that up. It means too much to me. Thank you all.
I have to admit that these type of awards make me feel a little funny though. I'm happy that someone thought enough of me to give me props but I don't really know how to pass it on to "x" number of people without feeling bad for leaving someone out. How do you decide who makes the cut? Is it the new person I just discovered or those bloggers I've been following for years? Who's more deserving? I think everyone on my reading list deserves to be recognized as a Beautiful Blogger. You are all beautiful to me in one way or another.

As a recipient of this award I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself that you don't already know. Hmmmm... I feel I've spilled my soul over these pages over the past couple of years. I don't think I've left much out.
Let's see if I can come up with 7 new tidbits of information: **sing Jeopardy music here**
... two days pass ...
I'm having a hard time finding things you don't already know about me.... Please forgive me if I've mentioned any of these things before.

1. I grew up really poor and always felt ashamed about it. I almost feel guilty about collecting unemployment now for the first time in my life.


2. I babysat for my landlord's kid one time and the guy tried to stick his tongue down my throat on the drive home. Needless to say that was the last time I took that babysitting job.

3. I'm 42 years old and have never traveled outside of the USA except for a couple of trips to Canada. The furthest south I've been is Key West and the furthest west I've been is Missouri.

4. I had a twin that died at birth. I always think of how my life would have been different had she survived.

5. I don't think the guy I call "Dad" is my real father. Even though I've never gotten my mother to confirm it, I'd be happy to know he isn't really my father.

6. Both my brother and sister are gay. My brother got married and my sister is engaged and even though I don't have to jump through hoops for the right to be married, I have no desire to have that little piece of paper (even after 27 years).

7. I'm still with the guy I lost my virginity to and have no regrets about not playing the field. I know there is nothing in that field for me. I was one of the lucky ones who found true love and held on tight.
It wasn't easy to come up with 7 things I haven't told you already. If you are reading this I hope you take this Beautiful Blogger Award and tell us 7 things about you. Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks again, Tammy. I still think you may be crazy. ;)

7 comments:

  1. I don't remember reading any of those things.

    I'm so sorry for the misfortunes and ugly bits of your past, that you had to experience those things. I suspect they're why you're such a compassionate person now.

    Oh, and I haven't traveled outside the US either. I need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Amazing post! Don't you dare give up your blog!!!!! LOVED the 7 things - some really difficult things you've been through ! Loved the insight into your world. Keep blogging! You utterly deserve that award! lovelovexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. and PS if you ever fancy a trip to the UK, I'm your gal! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful and beautiful person despite your past. I hope life is treating you wonderfully today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Stuff MB! I enjoy your blog so am glad for your decision to stick to it. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cammy: Oh, I have uglier bits but I didn't want to scare anyone ;). I think it's about time we both get a passport, huh? What are we waiting for?

    Jules: Thanks.

    Watching and Weighting: Awwww...thank you. Once I start getting a paycheck again I may take you up on that offer. lovelovexxxx

    All Women Stalker: I'm happy to say Life has been treating me right since the day I got laid off. I love it.

    LAF: It's so much easier when I have you there to inspire me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed