Thursday, July 15, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award


Thanks to Jo at Weight on Me at 50+ I am one of the recipients of the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Jo! It's an honor just to be nominated.

As with all blog awards, there are rules so here they are:

1. Thank the person giving the award (THANKS AGAIN JO!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.

So, here are 7 things you may not know about me:
1. After 27+ years, I'm still with the guy I lost my virginity to and we're still not married and have no plans to tie the knot (if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it, right?).
2. I'd rather be wearing jeans and a t-shirt than a designer dress (I haven't worn a dress in over 5 years).
3. I went bungee jumping off a crane and want to do it again just for the rush and perma-grin for days but I'm more scared now since I know what to expect.
4. Like Jo, I'm a handbag hoarder.
5. I hate to cook. I once burned a bag of frozen corn (I fell asleep while it was cooking and didn't wake up until the smoke alarm went off).
6. I love snow and would rather be snowmobiling in the mountains instead of sitting on a beach any day.
7. I love to read and usually have at least 2 books going at the same time. I think it's going to get even worst now that I got a Kindle although I'm old school and would rather crack a spine and turn the pages of a real paper book than turn on an electronic gadget. I'm always looking for good reading material so let me know what your favorite book is so I can add it to my list of "must reads."

I don't think anyone has ever responded to my blog awards and I'm a rule breaker so I'm just going to list my top ten newly found blogs and a few great ones I've been reading for ages just in case you've been living under a rock and haven't found these great blogs:
1. Lindsay at Healthy Stride
3. Bobbie at Anonymous Fat Girl
5. Lori at Finding Radiance
6. Hilly at the new and improved Snackie's World
7. Jen, Amanda and Lindsay who are all Prior Fat Girls
8. Rachel at Body by Pizza
9. Jennifer at Ex Hot Girl
10. YOU, yes YOU. I'm sorry, but I'm too lazy to do any more links but I want you to take this award and tell us 7 things about yourself that we may not already know.

Thanks again, Jo.
I'm off to the gym to get good and sweaty. Peace out.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love reading these things. Hope you're doing well! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, "if it ain't broke, why fix it" - love it!

    I used to be such an avid reader, now blogs and food magazines get all my reading attention.

    Loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award!

    I think marriage is overrated in a lot of ways. My husband and I probably got married more to please the families than anything else. I kept my last name, so nothing changed at all between before and after marriage but the little piece of paper.

    A good relationship is not determined by vows.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed