Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Hero


Ali Vincent is my hero! I always thought the Biggest Loser wasn't a fair game even though they calculated the percentage of weight loss instead of the number of pounds. We all know it is easier for guys to lose weight so it is no surprise that there had never been a female Biggest Loser ... until Ali. I was jumping out of my seat when Ali got on that scale because you could see that she knew she was a winner. Even before getting on the scale Ali said she already saw herself winning the title of Biggest Loser in her head, she pictured the confetti coming down and just knew that she was going to do it.

I know it sounds just like "The (BIG) Secret" everyone was talking about - if you believe it, it will happen. It does sound a bit new agey and hippy to say just keep thinking about your heart's desires and eventually they will come true but you can't just think about them, you have to take action to make these things happen.

Whether you want a new job, a dream house, a life partner, weight loss or whatever it is - you have to make the effort to work towards those goals. The dream job or person isn't going to come knockin' at your door and you are never going to lose weight if you keep beating yourself up and thinking deep down that you are a failure. If you think you will fail - you will. I need to think like a Big Loser, I need to accept my body the way it is (even if I don't particularly like it right now) and do the work that needs to be done to get me to where I want to be. I want to beam with happiness when I say "I did it" just like Ali did in the season finale.

I often see myself in many of the contestants of the Biggest Loser. Whether they are using their fat as a shield, stuffing their emotions down with food, using food to make them numb to the heartaches of life, and so other many complex mental issues every fat person has to deal with if they want to get rid of the fat. If you watch the show then you know the trainers always find out "why." Why did you gain weight?

I even had to vote for Mark to make it to the finals because I though Ali would have a better chance of beating him than she would if she went up against Roger. Roger had more to lose even though Mark is a fierce competitor (and bit of a cry baby). I guess there was no reason to worry about who Ali was going up against.

When Ali and Betty Sue got voted off early in the show and Ali said she was going to be the Biggest Loser you could see it in her eyes that she meant it, she believed it, she didn't say "I want to be" or "I think I can" she said I "WILL BE THE BIGGEST LOSER" and I think that makes all the difference. I need to stop saying I'm trying to lose weight or I want to lose weight and just keep telling myself that I can and I will.

I've known for a long time that my weight issues are in my head. I am determined to work on the mental stuff so I will lose this weight and finally get fit. After losing the last 50-60 pounds and regaining it all back I thought maybe I didn't do it right, maybe I didn't learn whatever lesson I needed to learn, maybe I need to keep a record of how I did it so I can get back to that place and not repeat the same mistakes again and maybe that is why I haven't been able to get into the losing mode.

I am done talking about it, I am done agonizing about it, I just need to shut up and do it. I believe I can finally figure this out and I will lose this weight once and for all.

I WILL!

4 comments:

  1. I've actually never watched the show so I can't really comment about it. I can comment on how I used to always talk about doing IT but never DID!!!

    Why? Who knows how the brain works! But, I do know that once you get into it that's when it all happens. You KNOW what you need to do and what works for you. If you're like me, the nice weather must have given you a kick start.

    I'm rooting for you (and me ;) and I know that we can do this thing!

    Keep up with that positive attitude and get going girl! (or I'll have to go to Boston, find where you work and give you a kick in the caboose, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though he got cocky and got booted out early, I was a die hard Dan fan ;). But I am stoked that Ali was the first female BL ever.

    If you can find your inspiration from her, then I am so happy for you! Let's all start kicking some ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will! I believe that you can do it and feel the way that she did.

    I think she looks great and was glad that she won. however I think she did take it just a bit too far and looked a little too skinny. Im sure that was so she would win, but I actually thought she looked great when they went home before the finale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the show! I'm so glad she won.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed