Monday, November 3, 2008

Unexpected Benefits

Things at work haven't gotten any better. I'm absolutely miserable in my new position and I dread going there every day. I feel like I'm being punished and forced into a corner to be tortured for 40 hours a week. The only good thing is that I've been so busy and stressed I haven't been eating much lately so I've dropped a few pounds.

I hope I don't have to make a trade-off of either being fat and happy or thin and miserable. I want it all and I'm determined to get out of this firm and away from the heartless b*stards.

I'm still waiting for the headhunter to set up some interviews and I've been sending resumes out but between the tanking economy and the approaching holidays I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to make a move. In the meantime, I just have to suck it up and do what I gotta do, right?

Is it Friday yet?

1 comment:

  1. It is a pretty crummy time to be job searching. I'm so glad that a change is in the air (let's face it--a lot of us in Canada have breathed in a collective sigh of relief!)

    Now that the election is over we can all try to kickstart this economy and not only have jobs but be happy in them! And, you CAN be both SKINNY and HAPPY!!!

    Let's do it :)

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed