Friday, January 14, 2011

Feeling the Burn ...

I'm back! I didn't really go anywhere but haven't been spending much time in front of the computer. I'm going to make an effort to update more often and let you know how things are going.

I'm so happy to be able to tell you that I've been feeling absolutely unstoppable lately. I don't know whether it's the endorphin high or I'm just finally feeling good in my own skin but I love it. I struggled for soooo long and when I look back I wonder why. Why did I abuse my body for so many years?


We've been getting hit here in the northeast with one snowstorm after another so I've been getting lots of extra shoveling workouts. We just got ANOTHER 8-10" here in Boston. You know I love the snow but it makes me crazy when we have more snow in Boston than we have in the mountains in Vermont.

The last big storm we had I spent almost two hours shoveling, went to cardio kickboxing, attended my first ever yoga class (WOW!!), hiked around the city in the snow and then came back home and shoveled some more. Another day I jumped through hoops just to get to my kickboxing class. I have so much energy lately and have been finding it hard to sit still long enough to type up an update.

I'm still losing at a snail's pace but I'm still losing. It took me over a year to go from a morbidly obese BMI to merely overweight and now I'm about 20 pounds away from being "Normal." I don't want to jinx anything but I haven't had the slightest gain since September. Some weeks I stayed the same or only lost 0.1 or 0.2 pounds but I'm still going in the right direction and it feels FANTASTIC.

Time to get out there and shovel the latest 8-10" gift from Mother Nature and then get my ass kicked. I can't wait!

If I could give anyone who is struggling once piece of advice it would be "DON'T GIVE UP!" It won't happen overnight but it will happen if you keep working at it and don't give up. You can do it!

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude! Im glad you're back to blogging. I will be checking back frequently for inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to reach obese. I'm not sure I want to be normal. I don't think I'd look "right." My goal is definitely obese and like you to be about 20 lbs or so away from normal.

    I'm rooting for you and normal though!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed