Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year! and Hot 100 Finale

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here it is - a clean slate, time to look forward to all the possibilities a new year brings. Do you start each new year by making the same ol' resolutions? How many people wait for the first Monday of the new year to start a new weight loss plan, quit smoking or start working on other goals they really should be working towards every single day of the year? The first Monday of the year holds no magic but I have no doubt the gym will be more crowded than usual. I wonder how many of them will still be there come the first Monday in February.

I love getting a new calendar and imagining what the new year has in store for me. Will I find my dream job? Will I reach my weight loss goals? Will I finally learn how to maintain? It's all possible. I feel blessed and so thankful to have had this time off from the daily grind to learn how to let go of the soul sucking stress I was constantly carrying around. I'm learning how to stop eating my feelings and stuffing down my emotions.



Since getting laid off in November 2009 I have lost a total of 70.9 pounds and feel better than I have in years, decades even. Not working really seems to agree with me. Unfortunately, unless I have the winning lottery ticket in my pocket, I will have to go back to work soon and that scares the crap out of me. I'm worried about falling back into bad habits and not making the time to workout. Just like Ms. O'Hara, I'm not going to think about that now, I'll think about that tomorrow....



Right now it's time for the Hot 100 Finale:

Goal #1 - Lose An Additional 15 Pounds by December 31st

Challenge Starting Weight (9/23/10): 194.2 lbs.
Week 1: -1.3 lbs.
Week 2: -0.9 lbs.
Week 3: -2.4 lbs.
Week 4: -4.0 lbs.
Week 5: -1.1 lbs.
Week 6: -2.6 lbs.
Week 7: --------
Week 8: -2.2 lbs.
Week 9: -4.0 lbs.
Week 10: -0.9 lbs.
Week 11: -0.2 lbs.
Week 12: -3.1 lbs.
Week 13: -------
Week 14: -0.4 lbs.
Hot 100 Challenge Weight Loss: 23.1 lbs.
(Total Weight Lost Since 11/2009: 70.9 pounds)
(Total Weight Lost in 2010: 59.1 pounds)



YES! I thought this was going to be the hardest goal to reach but it turned out to be the easiest. I'm amazed that there wasn't a single week of the challenge that I posted a gain. That's not to say my weight didn't tick up here and there during the week but it just so happened that each Friday I weighed less than the previous week. I still feel like pinching myself because I can't believe I lost weight over the holidays. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and miracles do happen.


Goal #2 - Couch to 5K

As you know, the C25K program has been a bit of a thorn in my side but I got a new app on my smartphone so I'm going to test out. Maybe I just need better tunes...such optimism in the new year, huh?

Goal #3 - Build More Muscles


I'm not sure how much muscle I've built up in the past 14 weeks but I don't dread going into the weight room anymore so that is definite progress.


Thanks to Steve for hosting the Hot 100 Challenge. It certainly kept me motivated to stay on track and finish out 2010 on a positive note. I had a blast meeting all my fellow hotties and hope to continue this journey with you.



Wishing you a very healthy and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, MB!! I remember when you got laid off from your job - a lot of people would not have taken advantage of that time off like you have. 70+ pounds is freaking amazing! :)

    You are a rock star!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jill--serious progress you've made this year! Keep it up and look where you'll be at the end of 2011. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great year for you, and I have NO DOUBT 2011 will be equally wonderful! Don't worry about re-joining the workforce--you are MORE than capable of coming up with a plan!

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed