Thursday, May 28, 2020

Captain's Log - Day 73 - One World One Heart Festival

Captain's Log - Day 73 - One World One Heart Festival


Good Morning Friends -

How are you doing today? Is anyone else suffering from isolation fatigue? It seems to get easier and harder as these weeks drag on but we gotta do what we gotta do, right?

If you can believe it, I'm still working on my picture project. It is massive so I had to take a few days off here and there but I think I'm getting close to the end of it now. I just came across some photos from Ben & Jerry's One World One Heart Festival that took place at Sugarbush Mountain in 1994. They had tons of fun activities and lots of great live music. We even got a free Hohner in exchange for our participation in breaking a world record for the most people playing a harmonica at the same time. It was a fantastic day on the mountain even if, in my opinion, it’s always better on the mountains in winter with lots of snow.

These pictures got me thinking of all the fairs and summer events that have already been canceled and how different these type of events will be if they do take place anytime soon. It also made me sad to realize that many of the small businesses in Vermont that rely on these summer events to survive will not make it. Many of these small businesses were already holding on by a thread before being shut down and I know many of them will not be able to survive long enough to reopen. Companies like Ben & Jerry's, Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Target and big box stores have the resources to make it through to the other side of this but so many small businesses will have to make some tough decisions in the coming weeks and months on whether they can continue to operate once they are allowed to reopen. If at all possible, please try to support the small businesses in your community so they have a chance of staying in business.

I hope all is well with you.

Take care and stay safe out there.

 
 
   

 

 


~MB

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Sugar Coating Allowed