Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A New Challenge and Another Late Update


I've been having a hard time updating for the two challenges I'm already doing (Biz's 101 Days of Summer Challenge and the Summer Challenge 2010) but I'm joining Tammy's Waisting Away in the Heat End of Summer Challenge anyway. Basically it's a challenge for the month of August to see how many pounds you can lose from August 1st to August 31st. You can check out this post for all the details.

My starting weight on August 1, 2010 was 207.2.

That's quite a roller coaster ride, huh? I'm usually at my lowest on Thursday or Friday and my highest on Monday. I'm still working on controlling my snacks and making good choices on the weekends. It's so hard to eat right and be social. Summertime is all about getting out with friends and family and having fun so I'm just going with the flow and doing the best I can.

I'm planning on breaking through to onederland during this challenge so stay tuned. Who knows, maybe I'll be there by the time I hit my 3rd blogiversary (August 16th) *fingers crossed*. I can't believe it's been almost three years and I just started seeing progress in the last 8 months. I guess I know what stress does to my body and soul.

I haven't seen the 100s in over 6+ years and even then it was only for 5 minutes. I'm going to lose my mind if anyone else derails my plans by dropping their cigarette, !#$%^&*!#$%! You can read my previous post if you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm trying not to think about it too much because it freaks me out. I keep seeing it happen and thinking how much worse it could have been and how lucky we were. I just got word today today that the VW love bug is a total loss ;(. Now I get to fight with the insurance company to get a fair price for it. UGH! That's never fun.

I'm still working on catching up with all my unread posts but you guys keep writing such good stuff. I'm glad I didn't "mark all as read" or I would have missed so much. Most exciting was Mary and Kepa's engagement story. Check it out and congratulate them if you haven't already. I'm so happy for them. They are so adorable together, don't you think?

Here's my late update for the 101 Days of Summer Challenge and the Summer Challenge 2010.

Goal No. 1: Lose 20 pounds

Challenge Starting Weight: 215
Week 1: 212.3 (-2.7)
Week 2: 211.6 (-0.7)
Week 3: 211.6 (-0.0)
Week 4: 207.9 (-3.7)
Week 5: 207.9 (-0.0)
Week 6: 209.2 (+1.3)
Week 7: 207.2 (-2.0)
Week 8: 206.4 (-0.8)
Week 9: 207.0 (+0.6)
Week 10: 206.1 (-0.9)

I didn't get a chance to weigh in on Friday or take any pictures so I'm using what the scale said last Thursday. As you can see from the picture above, it was back up to 207.2 by Sunday but it's already come down from there so I'm still crawling my way out of obesity. I can't wait 'til my Wii stops saying "that's OBESE" every single time I weigh in. I know, I know, I'm working on it. Sheesh. Is there a way to shut that thing up?

Because of an interview and the crash I only got to the gym once last week (the day of the accident) but I've been back the past three days and slowly working my way up to speed. I even did a light round of the weight circuit today (Hi Cammy ;). I'm still a little sore so I'm not going to push it too much until my body feels healed from all the bumps and bruises.

Stay tuned ... I could be doing the onederland happy dance very soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support. You guys are the BEST!

Rock on, Challengers.

8 comments:

  1. OMG you are almost there ... you should have a ONEDERLAND Party when you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I even did a light round of the weight circuit today (Hi Cammy ;). "

    ::Cammy, beaming::
    (Sorry, too hot to be waving pom-poms around.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update!! OMG, when I saw the Mary and Kepa engagement video I cried it was so clever and creative!

    Let's make August our best month yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to stop by and say hi -- I am doing Tammy's challenge too - sounds like you have a lot to look forward to with being so close to the 100's! How exciting! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thank you so much! I'm so glad that Kepa and I have the support and love of so many wonderful people like you.

    Good luck in August! It will be a great month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!!! So I wanted to invite you to follow my blog. Where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " This is how I promote all my followers. Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com to find out more!
    ♥ Elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wanting to go to onederland myself!! I haven't been there forever as an adult, that I can remember. Still 36 lbs to go!! You keep it up and you'll be there soon!! Keep positive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU CAN DO IT! How exciting!YES! Stress is just awful isn't it!
    Thank you for the welcome back!!!!!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed