Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday PC

Apparently I need to apologize for offending people by wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with it but I understand it isn't politically correct and some people aren't happy unless they have something to b*tch about and having someone have the audacity to wish them a Merry day gets them riled up for a fight and puts their panties in a knot. Can't we all just chill out, feel the love, and be Merry.

I grew up celebrating Christmas and Chanukah so I really should have thought to include all faith's holidays during this time of year. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, whatever holiday it is that you celebrate. I still just don't understand why people get offended if I say Merry Christmas - I'm just wishing you well, I'm not pushing any faith on you, I'm not insisting you buy baby Jesus a present or making you kneel on the alter. I think some people need to get over the sensitivity to people wishing them well.

Happy, Happy, Merry, Merry ... Christmas, Chanukah/Hanukkah, Chrismukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Ramadan, Festivus or Thursday.

Is it still ok to say HAPPY NEW YEAR?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Sugar Coating Allowed