Friday, October 1, 2010

Hot 100 - Week 1

Hello Hotties!

Have you joined South Beach Steve's Hot 100 challenge yet? It's not too late, you can be a hottie too. Steve has extended the deadline to join until the end of the day today so head over there and state your goals for the remaining days of 2010 and let's finish out the year on a strong note. I'm hoping the challenge will help me stay focused through the upcoming holiday trifecta of temptation.

So, here's how I did for Week 1:

1. Lose An Additional 15 Pounds by December 31st

Challenge Starting Weight (9/23/10): 194.2 lbs.
Week 1: -1.3 lbs.


I'll be in good shape if I can see these numbers every week. At least I'm off to a good start.

2. Couch to 5K

It may not seem like much to you runners out there but I'm excited I can even RUN for a full minute. I wish I didn't get so bored on the dreadmill but I'm determined to get through this program and be able to complete a 5K.

3. Build More Muscles

I must confess I've been slacking on the weight training. I didn't make it into the weight room at all this week but I'm going to force myself to go in there at least 3 days next week.

I think I'm off to a decent start. Next week may be a bit more of a challenge because my Smother is coming to visit. Oy...I'm stressed out just thinking about it. Her last visit was over a year and a half ago and it didn't end well. There's always so much drama stirred up when she visits but I'm going to try to not feed into any of it or feed myself to avoid dealing with the drama. It's going to be tough but I'll get through it.

I'm so happy to have met a few new bloggers through the Hot 100 and plan on making my way over to visit each and every one of my competition's site. It may take a while but I'll be visiting you and cheering you on to your goals.

It really has been one crazy week. There's construction going on in my house, walls being ripped out, old plaster and dust flying around, the electricity has been shut off for hours at a time, a window blew right out of the house and smashed on one of the construction worker's brand new truck due to the strong winds yesterday, I locked myself out of the house and had to break back in ... oh, the list goes on and on. If I was still working and stressed out I'd be ready for the funny farm by now.

I'm so ready for a relaxing uneventful weekend. I'm planning on taking lots of foliage pictures, hitting the apple orchard to stock up on some Honeycrisps, sitting around the bonfire and relaxing. That's all I have planned and I can't wait.

My Onederland dance is still going on but because of all the craziness this week I'm going to wait until next week to announce the door prize winners so if you haven't entered to win yet get over there and do it.

Have a great weekend Hotties. Keep on dancin'!

11 comments:

  1. relaxation and fall foliage - sounds like my kind of weekend! Keep us posted next week, try not to get too stressed. I'll be in Boston next weekend - hoping for some good fall weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow hottie here:) Not that I did so hot the first week. Sigh. But next week will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss! Yes, dreadmill is so boring. And I need new music. Hey, I think I'll go to your Onderland Dance for a few minutes and get some ideas for music, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Smother". I'm going to be laughing, hard, for a very long time thanks to you. Great term!

    I don't need to lose weight at this point, but you've nevertheless inspired me to get out and get moving. Fitness and health know no bounds, and I appreciate your positive attitude in getting others to join you on the journey. Coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally impressed with the one minute straight of running. And wow on the construction woes. Hope your visit goes better than expected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your goals! Hey, I got an email from Cabot Cheese - your $60 cheese package will be sent to you by October 15!

    I guess they have specific rules on when they can ship, and October 1st is when they start.

    Mmmm....cheese. There isn't calories in cheese is there?!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A relaxing uneventful weekend would be nice! Hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smother!!! That's to funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI!! I'm doing the Hot 100 and just wanted to say hello. Your goals are great. I'm with you on needing to do more work building muscle! There are so many new blogs to see and I'm glad i finally found yours.
    Congratulations on Onederland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on Onederland! Such a great feeling. I took a little while for it to set in with me too, so I can relate.
    I love your goals for the Hot 100! Sounds like an exciting challenge - I know you'll tackle them like a true fitness warrior!

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed