Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's Always Something ....


WOW! What a week!

As Roseanne Roseannadanna* used to say, "it's always something - if it ain't one thing, it's another. I was disappointed I didn't get my usual workouts in last week due to a bunch of different reasons. Sometimes life just gets in the way, ya know? I did go to the gym Monday for an hour long session with the elliptical, got my ass kicked at TaeBox on Tuesday and went on a few walks here and there but that was it. It's funny that a couple of years ago that would have been a great week of workouts.

B had to have some minor surgery on Thursday (he's fine now) so I wasn't able to go to kickboxing and both of our vehicles are at the repair shop so I didn't have any wheels to get around. We've been having quite a run of bad car karma these days. We've spent about $2,000 in repairs in just the past couple of weeks and the vehicles still aren't running right.

I really need to suck it up and get back to work soon. How do you really know what you're getting yourself into when everyone seems so sweet and nice when you interview with them? I know you will think I'm crazy but I actually turned down a job last week. Who does that in this economy? Have I lost my mind? Maybe. I turned it down because it was an extremely HIGH stress position for extremely low dirt pay and I just wasn't willing to sell out knowing I'd be walking right back into a bad situation. I do have two interesting interviews set up for next week though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll end up in a good place.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you know what's been going on with me.

*Most of you are probably too young to remember Gilda Radner's SNL News character Roseanne Roseannadanna. Roseanne Roseannadanna would read a letter, usually from the ever-curious Richard Fader of Fort Lee, New Jersey. The letter would ask a series of questions, usually about some current social issue, to which Roseannadanna would usually reply, "Mr. Fader, you sure do ask a lot of stupid questions for a guy from New Jersey," or "You belong in New Jersey!" Then she would sometimes make a derogatory comment about New Jersey. She would then answer the questions. While answering the questions, she would invariably digress, launching into a lengthy anecdote with no relevance to the topic at hand, frequently having to do with an encounter Roseannadanna had had with a celebrity. Invariably, the story would lead into Roseannadanna's going into disgustingly graphic detail about bodily functions or personal hygiene; with these details, she would use a famous celebrity as an example and say that she would ask these celebrities, "What are ya tryin' to do, make me sick?!"

Eventually, Jane Curtin would interrupt, stating, "Roseanne, you're making me sick." Curtin would then ask her what her comments had to do with the question. Roseannadanna's response was, "Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something--if it ain't one thing, it's another."

2 comments:

  1. I remember Roseannadanna!! That's back when SNL was actually FUNNY. Do you remember Dan Akroyd's commercial that parodied Smuckers - With a name like Smucker's it has to be good? His was Mangled Baby Ducks - with a name like Mangled Baby Ducks it has to be good!! Whenever I go to the store and see a jar of Smuckers, I STILL think of that!
    Anyway (I got off on my own tangent there, didn't I?), I think it's great that you turned down that position - why jump from the frying pan back into the fire? I'm sure something will come your way soon.
    Here's hoping your car karma turns around soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love that you used Roseanne Roseannadanna!!! We must be close in age.
    Good for you for not taking that job with high stress and low pay. I hope you get the reward for expecting more for yourself by getting something that will help you thrive and not just drain your life force.
    I believe it's important to send those messages to the universe. Be open to abundance and quality.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed