Monday, May 9, 2011

Steppin' It Up


Every single journey we take starts with one single step and now it is time for me to step it up and finally get to my goal. I decided to join Prior Fat Girl's Steppin' It Up Challenge which is a two week competition to log the most miles. I'm not sure how my miles are stacking up against the other competitors but I've logged almost 30 miles in the first week and I'm hoping to step it up even more the second week. As much as I would love to win the fabulous prize of a Polar Heart Rate Monitor, I'm not in it for the prizes.



For almost a year now I've been keeping track of my steps with a FitBit. It may not have all the bells and whistles of the Polar HRM but it definitely keeps me motivated to reach my goal of getting at least 10,000 steps a day. Some days are much harder than others but I've noticed that I don't come close to those 10,000 steps unless I get to the gym or go for a LONG walk.

FitBit recently started sending me weekly stats in an e-mail so I plan on recording them here so you can see how active (or inactive) I've been. Feel free to give me a little kick if you notice I've been slacking off.

Here are my stats for the week of 5/02/2011 to 5/08/2011:

TOTAL STEPS: 98,645
DAILY AVERAGE: 14,092
WEEKLY BEST: 25,137 steps

TOTAL DISTANCE: 42.31 miles
DAILY AVERAGE: 6.04 miles
WEEKLY BEST: 10.88 miles

TOTAL CALS BURNED: 15,697
DAILY AVERAGE: 2,242 cals
WEEKLY BEST: 2,717 cals

WEIGHT CHANGE: 0.5 lb
LIGHTEST: 151.2 lb
HEAVIEST: 151.7 lb

I'm still struggling to get under the 150 pound mark but I'm not stressing out about it. Just like the past 90+ pounds I've lost, these last pounds will come off slowly but surely as long as I continue doing the right things to make it possible. I figure the longer it takes me to get to goal the more likely I am to learn what I need to do to stay there and not relapse like I've done in the past.



Summer is just around the corner for those of us in the northern hemisphere. What are you doing to step it up?

3 comments:

  1. eek, that set of stairs looks scary. sounds like you're doing fabulously with your steps. keep it up.

    i'm in the southern hemisphere . . . oh how i wish summer was coming. instead i am huddled with my laptop in front of my heater! as far as stepping it up goes, i am back at zumba once a week, and i've bought zumba on wii, so i can exercise in my house. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh oh -- that sure is a lot of miles you've racked up there! One thing is definite, you have put your mind to something and for that, you should be proud of what you've accomplished. You are proving you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my FitBit. I got one for Mother's day and have been using it since. I just have to say I thought I was doing well, but wow you are doing GREAT. Thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed