Monday, August 29, 2011

Final Slimmer this Summer Update and Last Week of 101 Days of Summer Challenge

What? It can't be. What do you mean it's the final weigh in for the Slimmer this Summer Challenge? Where did the summer go? Didn't we just celebrate Memorial Day? How can it be over already? Who turned the clocks on fast forward. It seems like just yesterday we were making all our summer plans and now Labor Day is next weekend.

I may not have the most exciting numbers to report but I feel like I made some good progress over the summer. I didn't reach my goal of 101 pounds lost and I didn't show much of a loss on the scale but there are other factors and lessons learned that are just as important. Just because the StS challenge is over doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I'm going to continue to fight for my good health and I hope you are too.

Here's my stats for the week:

WEIGH IN

6/1/11 101 Days of Summer Challenge 2011 Starting Weight: 149.5 lbs.
6/6/11 Slimmer this Summer Starting Weight: 151.2 lbs.

6/10/11 Weigh In: 148.2 lbs.
6/17/11 Weigh In: 147.5 lbs.
6/24/11 Weigh In: 147.5 lbs.
7/1/11 Weigh In: 148.4 lbs.
7/8/11 Weigh In: 146.4 lbs.
7/15/11 Weigh In: 146.4 lbs.
7/22/11 Weigh In: 147.9 lbs.
7/29/11 Weigh In: 145.7 lbs.
8/5/11 Weigh In: 145.5 lbs.
8/12/11 Weigh In: 147.7 lbs.
8/19/11 Weigh In: 148.6 lbs.
8/26/11 Weigh In: 149.0 lbs.

101 Days of Summer Challenge 2011 Loss to Date: 0.5 lbs.
Slimmer this Summer Challenge Weight Loss to Date: 2.2 lbs.

Starting Weight (11/2009): 242 lbs.
Current Weight (8/26/11): 149 lbs.
Total Loss: 93.0 lbs.

That is certainly NOT how I wanted to finish off the Slimmer this Summer Challenge but it is what it is. I had my third straight week of gains but it's not the first time that's happened, it's not the end of the world and I'm definitely not giving up. I'm not happy about crossing over my "do not cross" line in the sand (150 pounds) early in the week but I'm glad I was able to work it back off before weighing in. Sure, it would have been nice to get to my goal during the challenge but I know I will get there and it will happen exactly when it is supposed to happen.

HYDRATION

I've been slacking a bit on my water consumption the past few days. I'm not dehydrated but I could be drinking more. I find it's so much harder for me to get my water in on the weekends when I'm not at the gym. I actually had a cocktail Saturday night while sitting out at the bon fire enjoying the calm before the storm.

EXERCISE

I got in some intense workouts this week including my regular cardio kickboxing classes, three days of sweating on the elliptical and some good long walks here and there.

DO NOT QUIT

I will never stop fighting this battle until I have evicted every last one of the unwanted pounds I've been lugging around for way too long. Even after I get to my goal weight I know that the fight is not really over. It will never be over. I know I will have to keep fighting for my health and not let any of my old bad habits sneak back into my daily life. I will not suffer through regaining ever again. I refuse to regain. Quitting is NOT an option!

KEEP BLOGGING

My last post about Feeding Your Faith was my 400th post after 4 years of blogging. It's exciting to actually show some progress since I spent the first two years bitching, moaning and crying about my weight but not putting in the effort to actually make any progress. I'm still here and I don't plan on going anywhere. I'm going to need all the help I can get on the next leg of this weight loss journey - maintenance.

ENCOURAGE OTHERS

I've been doing my best to get around and comment but haven't done as much as I wanted to do. I wish we could all give ourselves the support and encouragement we give to others so easily. The next time you leave an encouraging comment on another blog, turn it around and tell yourself the same thing.

C25K

I didn't make any progress on the C25K program this week but I feel better about being able to run now that my knee isn't screaming at me every time I do.

GET TO GOAL and START MAINTENANCE ~ FINALLY

I still haven't reached my goal but I know I'll get there, slow and steady.

THANK YOU!!! Thank you all for your support and encouragement. It really is an amazing supportive community we have here and I'm so lucky to have you all in my corner.

Stay strong, be cool and rock on!

Peace out!

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh, maintenance. The elusive little jewel. I see myself in your post. We are so close. I think we need to start a "No Quitter" club. It seems there are a lot of us out here this week. You're doing great. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that the number isn't as important as how you live each day - THAT'S the key to maintenance. You've lost so much, and there is an adjustment period where your body figures things out, and it can take months for it to settle down, so it's important when you're this close, to focus harder on actions than numbers.

    The hydration, it makes sense that you need less water when not hitting the gym hard, you aren't sweating out as much, so you don't need as much for your internal balance. I wouldn't force the issue (you CAN drink too much.)

    Lastly, I haven't kept up on your training, but do you have the right shoes? One of the biggest mistakes I made when I started running was just to buy running shoes. I didn't realize there were so many different types, for different pronations. I really, REALLY messed up my legs because I bought neutral shoes, and I am an overpronater. I ended up in physical therapy because of it. So really, if you haven't - go to a GOOD running store (little running shops are the best) and have them evaluate you, and get you into the right shoe. (you can buy them cheaper online, once you know which ones you need.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your determination. You're doing great just sticking to a healthier lifestyle. That's what it's all about, even more so than the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MB! Did you take a few minutes lately to appreciate how well you've done?!!!!

    I can tell you very honestly that there are thousands of women who would like to be in your weight situation, even though it is still hard for you. Every time I feel like being angry or down about being a size 14, I remember all the women who would LOVE to be a tall muscular size 14 like me, and then I get a better attitude and much happier about me.

    Also, remember that you are a *person* not a weight. Treat yourself kindly.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have done amazing already & have confidence that you will make your goal and maintain! I hope I have as much success as you have:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This part of the process (the turtle days) can be wearying if you're only focused on the scale. Good for you for looking to your actions as measures of your success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi MB! I am a fellow Boston based blogger and I am trying to put together a BOS Blogger Meet-up. Are you interested by any chance? If so, just email me at ecmadore@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you continue to be an inspiration to me! I need to drink more water too - I think that's why I feel "puffy."

    Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing the challenges. I have faith in your determination to make goal. I would only suggest this: Are you okay where you are at? Is it a manageable, healthy, good weight for you? I only ask cause you've lost a lot and look good and are active, and this summer was one of kinda working the maintenance mojo. :) It's something to consider....

    I know I always evaluate where I am and where I want to be, but I have learned I can be happy , very happy, at a higher weight than I previously imagined I would. My final goal may change. :)

    Happy new coming season. Let's dream and do and be....what we want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope this post gets to you, sometimes they post and othertimes not. Anyways, I'm SO glad you didn't quit. Yea! Onward and upwards!

    I just saw that you have a fitbit? Do you use yours regularly and do you want to be "friends" on fitbit? I don't know how to do that but I thought it would be fun to compare stats with someone. Maybe it will force me to do better if I know someone is looking at my stats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, end of summer already??? Tell me it isn't so! You have done amazingly well on your journey. You have such a great attitude abut those last few pounds.....I know you will get there. So now that summer is over....is there a Slimmer This Fall challenge being formed? I'm game!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep on inspiring others who have the same goal as you. I'll be on track with your post, really nice to read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed