Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fat Facts


It's official. I'm obese. I am still trying to work up the courage to post "before" pictures, measurements and weight but thought I would clue you in to just how far I need to go. I think my reluctance to post pictures and numbers is not that I don't want you to see me but I don't want to see myself. I need to suck it up and put it out there but until then - here is the fat facts:

My current BMI is 38.6 which puts me in the obese category. I'm not sure how close it is to morbidly obese and I don't want to find out. When I lose 80 pounds my BMI will be 24.9 which is normal.

So that is my goal. I just want to be normal. Is that too much to ask?

6 comments:

  1. I totally know where you are coming from when you posted on my blog that PQ left you in the dust, I've been left in the dust so many times myself. Just remember, wherever you are, there is someone who wishes they were in your shoes...me, I wish I was merely obese instead of morbidly obese, heck I'd settle for just overweight! This time is your time, stay true to your plan and you'll be the next success story I'm looking up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I want is to be normal, too. When I am this heavy, NOTHING about my life feels normal. I HATE being fat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for being bold and brave to post this entry. Just writing about this stuff AT ALL instead of holding it all inside is huuuuuge. It's a step forward :) When I first started blogging I put up my picture but only with my face blurred out... took about four years to gather up the courage ;)

    I just remember so clearly that ache just to be a "normal number", that's all i bloody wanted, dammit. so just know that all us internet folks think you can do it and here to cheer you on. ROCK ON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your blog comment! I'll link to yours in my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good goal. Don't be discouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it is so liberating to post those pics and numbers. My blog is the first place I have ever posted my numbers, and then Tales from the Scales featured me as Loser of the week and I was forced with the decision to show my "before " pic. I wanted to cop out, but then I realized that I shouldnt be ashamed of what I looked like and how big I was.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed