Monday, November 26, 2007

Let's Talk Turkey

I'm working so hard to make changes in my life. This is the first Thanksgiving I can remember that I wasn't a groaning miserable mess holding my stomach and complaining how much it hurt from all the food I succeeded in shoveling down my throat in record time, lying on a sofa in a tryptophan coma watching football. I was awake and alert and didn't even need to unbutton my pants. How is that for change?

I filled my plate with lots of the healthy vegetables and tried to stay away from the fried appetizers, stuffing, smashed potatoes and sweets. I had very small portions of the stuff I love but didn't overdo it and didn't go back for seconds which is a vast improvement over previous years.

I think it is easier to socialize without overeating when you have healthy options available. I'm not one to be packing snacks in my purse but I just tried to fill up on the healthier stuff, drink lots of water and try to focus on the company and not the food.

The strangest thing is I actually kept the 3 pounds I lost last week off. I usually gain it back over the weekend but I didn't this week. I didn't eat any differently over the weekend so I'm not sure what that is all about. My body is just so messed up from years of dieting that I can work out like a maniac, eat rabbit food and gain but when I have a week with a holiday meal including bread, stuffing, potatoes, cake and pie I lose. There is no logic to the magic of weight loss. It really is a crap shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Sugar Coating Allowed