Thursday, October 9, 2008

Head Games

I am so frustrated! I just don't understand how I can be so consumed with thinking about my weight and desperately wanting to lose it but don't put in the effort to get it done. Deep in my heart I know I want to get fit and healthy but I continue to hit the snooze button and sleep in or sit on my *ss in front of the tv when I get home at night making every damn excuse in the book about why I'm too *whatever the excuse of the day is* to workout.

I've done the all or nothing diets before and thought I would try the "nothing is off limits" diet so I don't go "on" and "off" but it isn't getting me anywhere. I keep losing and gaining the same five pounds every week and need to find a way to kick my own *ss and get motivated.

The only times I have been successful with major weight loss is when I've gone to extremes. Not extremes like the all cabbage diet or the cookie diet but extremes like Jenny Craig or low carb (modified Atkins) South Beach type diets where I will be very strict with my food consumption, get close to my goal and then sabotage myself until I've gained it all back.

What is it going to take for me to get it right this time? I'm full of frustration!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely know the feeling and can relate. I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations, but you are not alone. I felt exactly how you felt, and had faith I would find something that worked for me. I know that you will find something that works for you. I dont doubt that you want this or are working hard, you just havent found something that makes sense, or that your body responds to. but you will, this is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm here with you too. In the muck, right along side you. I think my problem is stress. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, except keep trying. It's better than giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog thru Crazylady's. I'm right there with you. I'm reading Dr. Phil's weight solution book. I'm not his biggest fan, but his book talks sense. You might try checking it out from your library. His style is a bit verbose -- talkative, but I can see that 1/2 of the weight loss game is mental. And Dr. Phil knows mental. (Tee-hee.) Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mights-as-well add my name to the "I can understand weight loss frustration" wall as I am a lifetime member. I used to believe that as soon as I could get down to some magic number all my problems would be over, but the truth is that someday when I do make it to that number, it will be just the start. It's because my issue isn't the number, its the feelings that lead me away from that number. I have no magic advise, as I haven't figured out anything profound myself, but if you do stumble across the answer let me in on it will you!?

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed