Thursday, January 28, 2010

Say What?

UGGHH! I had to go to the unemployment office first thing this morning to try and find out why I haven't gotten paid. Apparently my former torturers didn't respond to unemployment timely so my benefits were suspended. Those miserable b*st*rds are still screwing me and I haven't worked there in over 2 months. I was stressed out just thinking about those jerks and how they still have the power to piss me off and stress me out. Luckily there's little chance my in-laws will throw us out on the street for paying the rent late but I have bills to pay. Let's hope they show me the money soon.

Anyway, moving on to the point of my post. After wasting time at the unemployment office I went right to the gym and called B on my way in to tell him what happened. He said "knowing you, you're probably at the gym." I said "who are you talking to?" "since when am I the person that's probably at the gym?"

After I kicked my own a$$ sweating out 35 minutes on the elliptical, a 20 minute weight circuit, 40 minutes back on the elliptical and 40 minutes on the treadmill (a record amount of time at the gym today), I was walking out and the girl behind the counter said "see you tomorrow." I guess that means I'm a regular now that the gym staff expects to see me there every day.

Who would have thought I'd be hearing people say such things?

10 comments:

  1. ha haaaaaaaaa...it's just us gym rats.
    lol.
    I love that...what a sign of progress when someone says to you 'you are probably at the gym.
    Hey, maybe you could get a job there.
    Now that is convenient.
    that is what I am hoping for once I hit goal.
    Make it a money making opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I hope to be a gym regular. That's something that I am working on at the moment - getting the impetus to work out.

    cmoursler made a good point - maybe you could get a job at the gym to spur on people like me who need the encouragement:o)

    Hope your weekend goes better than today did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stoopid jerks! We're not surprised though, right?

    I knew I had "arrived" when the gym staff started giving me the chin-lift wave instead of the normal "good morning" used for the occasional visitors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol....very cool about being "expected" to be at the gym now. You have arrived.

    And btw, the unemployment ofc is the biggest group of idiots ever gathered in one spot before. I know all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cmoursler: I'm not sure if a job at the gym would help. Almost everyone that works there is overweight. What's up with that?

    Buttercup: If I didn't get laid off and have the time to spend at the gym I'm not sure I would have ever got the impetus to work out. I'd love to spur someone on.

    Cammy: No, I'm not surprised by those stoopid jerks but I didn't let them push me to the fridge. I think I have finally "arrived."

    Tammy: Actually the unemployment people have been pretty good so far (knock wood). It was my idiot former employers screwing me. UGGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Hope your money gets sorted soon.

    Wow! You are offically a GYM BUNNY!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo for not getting any money but what an awesome person you've become! I have got to get my butt to the gym and start doing some sweating.

    Let you know when that happens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved being a 'regular' at the gym too... felt like part of a select group! lol
    Must go back one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't you proud of yourself for becoming the kind of person who people expect to be healthy and working out? It's a great accomplishment! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friend of the Bear: I can't wait to LOOK like a gym bunny.

    Maneula: Did you get to the gym yet?

    Chris: How about today?

    All Women Stalker: I'm not so proud of all the crap I ate this weekend but I'm off to the gym now to work it off. What have you done today to make you feel proud?

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed