Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thematic Photographic 85 - I'm Hungry

This week's Thematic Photographic theme is "I'm Hungry."

I took this picture over three years ago but I'm not sure if I even felt true hunger back then because I was constantly eating. I never gave my body time to get hungry because I was constantly stuffing fattening food down my throat. I was so disgusted just looking at the evidence in the trash so I took this picture to remind myself how awful I felt after eating that crap. That day I vowed to stop the out of control eating and get healthy, lose the weight and (FINALLY) keep it off.

Over the past 20 years I've been on almost every diet out there except for the really crazy no food diets because that's just not possible for me. The biggest lesson I've learned from all those diets is that you can lose weight with any diet but if you don't learn how to eat right you will have an endless ride on the weight loss roller coaster. I know women who go to WW but instead of learning how to eat right they starve themselves all day so they can drink beer at night. How crazy is that?

I'm learning to feel hunger again and know that I will not starve to death before my next meal. I'm hungry for a healthy life. What are you hungry for?

Carmi at Written Inc. is our Thematic Photographic leader. If you want to learn how to play along, click here for the details.

7 comments:

  1. I am hungry for a body that is a useful tool and a lethal weapon. ki ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I can't see me ever getting off the roller coaster. It really does seem endless. I really do think sometimes what's the point in losing all the weight only to put it back on again?

    I do know how to eat properly and healthily and have done so for years at a time in the past. But I still end up in the same place time and time again.

    Frustration!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hungry for a balanced life, one composed of mostly healthy fare, but with a little bit of decadence for interest. I've got it so far and plan to keep it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only ate before to satisfy people. I didn't eat because I wanted to (even if I was hungry). I ate because I was expected to. Now, I acknowledge my hunger.

    I am hungry for a healthy and happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammy is on to something... hungry for a balanced life... I wish I could see myself a size 9--

    Til then I'll just keep struggling...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cmoursler: We all need a good weapon. KI YA!

    Friend of the Bear: You can't give up. I know how frustrating it can be but you can do it.

    Cammy: Life would be very boring without a little bit of decadence here and there.

    All Women Stalker: I was a big emotional/stress eater.

    Paula: The struggle will be worth it, right?

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed