Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mother@#$%^Board ...

The motherboard on my PC died. I didn't even get to say goodbye. We came home from VT Sunday and the PC wouldn't fire up - WT?. It was working fine before we left on Friday, I shut it down and that was the last time I saw it alive. It's gone, dead, no lights, no photos, no websites, no blogs, no nothing. UGGH! It's always somethin', if it's not one thing it's another ....


I'm relieved I finally got my pictures copied onto a 1TB external hard drive I got for Christmas so at least I didn't lose any photos. My computer geek thinks the hard drive is fine so I should be able to get everything else off it *fingers crossed.* I wasn't planning on shelling out $500+ for a new PC but it's supposed to have tons of memory, a faster quad core processor blah, blah, blah. I'll be happy if it just stays alive and kickin' a few years.

Do you think electronics are only good for so many hours, programmed to die after so many hours so you have to buy the latest model because now all the parts to fix it are obsolete? Of course, it waits 'til the day after your extended warranty runs out. I think it's all a big scam. I guess I'm doing my part to keep the economy going.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, sorry for your troubles. :(

    My PC did this a few weeks ago. It's a Sony and when I googled the problem (sony and "pc won't boot up"), I found lots of listings of the same problem. Some people reported that they disconnected all power sources for a week and then it booted right back up. Mine did, too. (I don't trust it though.) Supposedly the problem isn't the motherboard, but the power supply. Thought I'd mention it just in case you might have a similar problem.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed