Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Ahead ...

We lost an hour of sleep today but we get the benefit of more daylight hours so it's a good thing but I always get a little depressed this time of year. I like getting out of work while it is still light out but I hate to see the winter end. It looks like my season is going to end early with the warm temps we had this weekend. It was in the 70s here in Boston and the snow is melting fast up north.


Spring also makes me think how quickly another summer is approaching and if I don't get off my *ss and get serious about this weight loss I am going to end up spending ANOTHER summer trying to keep all my fat covered instead of enjoying the pool and other activities that require minimal clothing.


Just thinking about putting a bathing suit makes me break out in a cold sweat. I'm not brave enough to even try one on right now. Just thinking about it is stressing me out.


I keep making the same mistakes, going round in circles and not getting anywhere. I'm determined to get into a consistent exercise program and getting out of the sugar/carb cycle. I know what those simple carbs and sugar do to my system but I still continue to stuff them in my mouth. What is wrong with me?


I don't have any chance of getting to my goal by the time summer gets here but I can be well on my way to a healthier life if I get down to business and take care of myself, exercise at least an hour 5-6 days a week and stop stuffing my face with crap food.

I'm off to hit the treadmill and elliptical now. As much as I would like to hang on to winter, summer will be here before you know it.

3 comments:

  1. WE are going to be turning our clocks back soon.. sad... winter is just around the corner! I hate being cold... and wet.. am crabby! Glad you are heading into summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just do what you can, and by summer, you will still see results. it may not be exactly where you want to be, but dont let that stop you from making changes now that you can continue to stick with and youd be surprised what can happen in just a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: I would switch places with you in a minute. I recommend getting some good cold weather gear that will keep you warm and dry and find a winter sport you love. The season is too long to hibernate.

    Heather: Thanks for the encouragement and being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed