Saturday, June 12, 2010

101 Days of Summer Challenge Update

I think my challenge update posts are going to sound redundant so starting next week I'm going to combine my Summer Challenge 2010 update with my 101 Days of Summer Challenge update since they started around the same time and my goals are pretty much the same.

So, here's how I did this week on the Biz' 101 Days of Summer Challenge:

1. Lose an additional 20 pounds by the end of summer

- when I weighed in yesterday morning for the Summer Challenge 2010 I was exactly the same weight as I was last Friday but that crazy fickle scale decided to finally reward my efforts this morning with a 2.2 pound loss. My weight fluctuates a lot during the week so I'm hoping the loss will hold up until next Friday for my official weekly weigh-in. I'm getting so close to that elusive "onederland" I can almost taste it. It's been so long since I've been there, I'm looking forward to seeing the sights of the ol' neighborhood.

2. Continue to hit the gym HARD every day I'm in the city and not in VT

- I went to the gym 4 days this week and even had a Super Tuesday 105 minute sweat session on the elliptical.

3. Start the C25K program already

- I got on the dreadmill for the first two sessions of the C25K .... FINALLY! In my heart I'd love to be a runner but I think my knees are happier on the elliptical. Maybe after I lose a few more pounds the ol' knee injuries won't bother me as much.

4. Get off the elliptical once in a while and start hitting the weights at least 2x per week

- I only hit the weights once this week so I need to get my ass in the weight room next week - NO EXCUSES.

5. Get some sort of physical activity in on the weekends while away at camp

- does finding a good marshmallow stick count as exercise? how about putting wood on the bonfire? We had friends staying with us all last weekend and the weather didn't cooperate but I'm looking forward to getting some hiking in this summer. I miss hiking the Long Trail on the ridge at Stowe. We're definitely going to take a few trips up there this summer.

6. Limit my nighttime snacking ritual

- I'd love to get through the night without snacking at all but for now I'm just trying to make healthier snack choices. I've stuck to 60 calorie jello pudding snack packs, fruit or a handful of cashews so I'm making progress but still need to get over the urge to binge at night when I'm NOT hungry.
Not too shabby. I'm glad I was home this weekend to see the 2.2 pound loss this morning. I'll confess I swore at the Wii yesterday when I didn't even show a tenth of a pound loss. The scale is such a mind game. I'm trying not to let the numbers mess with my head because I'm doing the right things and know the scale has to catch up eventually. I just have to keep the faith that it's working, at a snail's pace, but it's working.

Ok, time for me to get away from the computer, get off my ass and start moving. Who's coming with me on the road trip to "Onederland?"
Get out and enjoy the weekend. Peace Out.

10 comments:

  1. That scale will for sure continue to move if you keep that schedule up! You're doing great! Nice job in the gym. I just tried the first session on the couch to 5K and it didn't go too well. I think I need to get a LITTLE bit more in shape. The running was tough. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onederland is my next goal! I was there for quite a while and then slid back up. Dangnabbit, this is hard!

    I appreciate you sharing about the urge to binge in the evening. It's my worst time of day, but I'm doing the same thing...trying to pick healthier options. I'm starting to see that maybe I need to budget some of my during-the-day food specifically for the evening, though I'd like to knock off night time eating all together. Good luck, and congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're doing so great with your goals!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MB. Thanks for your lovely comment BTW! I've managed to update my blog now. It has been much cooler the last couple of weeks thank god! I prefer the snow too :)

    So glad you've finally got a reward on the scale! You've been putting in so much hard work.

    Hope you have another great week ahead.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a pretty good week or so I thought! I did not lose anything!! Yesterday the scale even had the guts to tell me I gained hald a pound which was magically gone this morning. I did good with my goals though. So I'm sticking to it. Love the challenge.

    You did good and even lost!! Good job indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are doing great! You sound so upbeat that just reading your posts make me smile.

    Maybe a long, long, long term goal for you could be to ditch the scale completely? Or limit it to once a month or so. I realise it's a helpful tool for you right now though so I do mean long term! It's a pity a piece of metal can have so much of an emotional effect on us eh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to onederland, it's been a long time since I've been there. I agree about the smoothies with vodka....when I make mine I always think wow, this would be really great with some tequila :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that exercise is so, so great! Your body loves you! Hope you are getting the rest your body needs to recover, repair, restore, recharge.
    My increased exercise has not led to weight loss for me (well, maybe a pound!) but I am so OK with that, because the exercise is so good for my health and I LOVE my increased strength and flexibility. It adds a lot to my life, and will help me enjoy my upcoming vacation a lot more than I would have been able to out of shape. As for weight... bodies just don't weigh what we tell them to! Even eating right and exercising. Oh well. My body looks a bit better from the exercise anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You're really at it! Respect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You are doing such a good job. You will hit onderland before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed