So, here's how I did this week on the Biz' 101 Days of Summer Challenge:
1. Lose an additional 20 pounds by the end of summer
- when I weighed in yesterday morning for the Summer Challenge 2010 I was exactly the same weight as I was last Friday but that crazy fickle scale decided to finally reward my efforts this morning with a 2.2 pound loss. My weight fluctuates a lot during the week so I'm hoping the loss will hold up until next Friday for my official weekly weigh-in. I'm getting so close to that elusive "onederland" I can almost taste it. It's been so long since I've been there, I'm looking forward to seeing the sights of the ol' neighborhood.
2. Continue to hit the gym HARD every day I'm in the city and not in VT
- I went to the gym 4 days this week and even had a Super Tuesday 105 minute sweat session on the elliptical.
3. Start the C25K program already
- I got on the dreadmill for the first two sessions of the C25K .... FINALLY! In my heart I'd love to be a runner but I think my knees are happier on the elliptical. Maybe after I lose a few more pounds the ol' knee injuries won't bother me as much.
4. Get off the elliptical once in a while and start hitting the weights at least 2x per week
- I only hit the weights once this week so I need to get my ass in the weight room next week - NO EXCUSES.
5. Get some sort of physical activity in on the weekends while away at camp
- does finding a good marshmallow stick count as exercise? how about putting wood on the bonfire? We had friends staying with us all last weekend and the weather didn't cooperate but I'm looking forward to getting some hiking in this summer. I miss hiking the Long Trail on the ridge at Stowe. We're definitely going to take a few trips up there this summer.
6. Limit my nighttime snacking ritual
- I'd love to get through the night without snacking at all but for now I'm just trying to make healthier snack choices. I've stuck to 60 calorie jello pudding snack packs, fruit or a handful of cashews so I'm making progress but still need to get over the urge to binge at night when I'm NOT hungry.
Not too shabby. I'm glad I was home this weekend to see the 2.2 pound loss this morning. I'll confess I swore at the Wii yesterday when I didn't even show a tenth of a pound loss. The scale is such a mind game. I'm trying not to let the numbers mess with my head because I'm doing the right things and know the scale has to catch up eventually. I just have to keep the faith that it's working, at a snail's pace, but it's working.
Ok, time for me to get away from the computer, get off my ass and start moving. Who's coming with me on the road trip to "Onederland?"
Get out and enjoy the weekend. Peace Out.