Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer Solstice!

Today is officially the first day of Summer here in the northern hemisphere which means I only have to wait another six months until I can snowmobile again. In the meantime, I'm doing my best to avoid burning my pasty white skin to a crisp again and trying not be the sole source of food for every mosquito out there that wants to suck all the blood out of my body.

This weekend the no-see-ums in Vermont were brutal. I couldn't stay outside more than two minutes before the little bastards were swarming around my head trying to land in my eyes. You may think people look ridiculous with those nets over their heads but it beats having bugs in your eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know, I knew it was this week sometime. My kids were asking me the other day, I have one of the calendars that doesn't say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I definitely look at things differently! I get sad at the summer solstice b/c it means that the days are already going to get shorter...I'm a summer fan!

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed