Thursday, July 24, 2008

Admitted Again ....

B went back to the hospital Tuesday morning and was admitted AGAIN. They did another CT scan and found that the infection had gotten worse because they released him too early the last time and he was unable to keep the antibiotics down at home.

I've been doing nothing more than working and going to the hospital every day. My house is a disaster because I've barely had time to do a load of laundry. By the time I get home I'm falling into bed only to toss and turn.

B seemed to be getting better yesterday and they were talking about discharging him today but his headache came back with a vengeance last night and he was miserable when I saw him tonight. He barely said two words to me the whole time I was there because his head was pounding so bad. They had taken out his IV because they wanted to make sure he would be able to take his medication orally but now he is nauseous and seems to be getting worse not better. I'm so frustrated and don't understand why he isn't getting better. I've never heard of someone having a sinus infection this bad or for this long.

If things weren't bad enough, B's Dad fell yesterday and broke 6 ribs and may have broken a couple of bones in his back so he is in the hospital now too. He is in a different hospital so I haven't seen him yet to get the full story of what happened.

When things like this happen it forces you to put things in perspective. I haven't even thought about my weight in the past two weeks. It just isn't important considering everything else going on and wouldn't you know I lost a couple of pounds.

7 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how much stress you must be feeling. Be sure to take care of yourself (as much as possible). It won't do to get B well and then fall ill yourself! Thinking healing thoughts for all of you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor B, he must have got something really nasty. I hope that there will be some letup in his pain.

    As for something a little less serious, TOTALLY see if you can find those bras. I'm sure they're available in a big city like Boston. I love it--nothing moves and they have what's called COOLMAX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you're going through all this!

    Thank you for your comments on my site!

    To answer your question, the majority of the books I'm working on, and the one I finished, are romance / chick lit.

    I'm also working on a YA Fantasy/paranormal book.

    The muse is overworking me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cammy: My stress level is through the roof. It is so hard to take care of yourself when you're worried and taking care of someone else but I'm trying. Thanks for the healing thoughts.

    Manuela: I wouldn't wish what he has on my worse enemy. I can't believe it can be sinus or migraine for 2 weeks. I'm definitely going bra shopping this week. Thanks for the tip. Coolmax rocks.

    Adena: Let me know if you need a proofreader, I find typos in almost every book I read. Keep writing and let me know when I can put you on my Shelfari bookshelf. That muse is a slavedriver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not so worried about typos as much as the actual storylines, and whether or not people will like them.

    I'm kind-of an English nerd, and I proofread and revise EVERYTHING as I go along, so there shouldn't be too many typos.

    However, if you're ever into just reading to see if you like a story, let me know. And, you know, if you like romances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adena: I'd love to read just about anything, classics, fluff, romance, fiction, non-fiction, whatever. I'd be happy to let you know what I think of the story line. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have your email.

    Drop me a line at deenerann@yahoo.com

    I'll fill you in more by email.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed