Sunday, February 7, 2010

Who Dat?

Every time I hear "who dat?" I think of Janet Jackson's song Nasty.

"Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts?
Nasty boys!
Who's that in that nasty car?
Nasty boys!
Who's that eatin' that nasty fruit?
Nasty boys!
Who's jammin' to my nasty groove?
Nasty boys!
Ladies? Nasty boys don't mean a thing
Oh you nasty boys"

After this past weekend I started hearing "who dat eatin' that nasty food?" I hate to admit it but it was me.

Congrats to the Saints for winning the SuperBowl for the first time in franchise history. The Saints certainly had an amazing season and I can't think of any other city that is more deserving and in need of some extra attention and financial assistance than New Orleans.

My apologies to the Saints and the Colts but I didn't really care who won the SuperBowl this year. It was an exciting game and I'm glad the Saints won but my football season ended when the Patriots got knocked out. How did Drew Brees get all pumped up to play after having a beautiful baby boy and Tom Brady seemed anxious to end the season as early as possible? Oh
well, spring training will be starting soon enough. Go Sox!

I also have to admit I spent more time playing poker and eating all sorts of salty sugary snacks all afternoon than I did watching the game or the lame commercials. I should have been fully
satiated after eating a big bowl of beef stew with fresh hot wheat bread but I couldn't stop myself. I started snacking on chips and dip, crackers, carrot cake, garlic bread sticks and whatever else was on the table. UGGH! Does it ever get easier to resist?

I've been on a roll working out hard at the gym and eating healthy reasonably sized portions but one weekend of mindless social eating sends me right back down the slippery slope of regaining any weight I so painstakingly lost. The scale says I'm up over 5 pounds but that doesn't seem possible. Apparently my body doesn't know about the mathematical equation that says I'd have to have eaten over 16,000 extra calories to have gained 5 pounds in two days. How can it take a month to lose 5 pounds and two days to gain it right back? It really isn't fair, is it?

I'm going to need to put in some serious extra hours at the gym this week just to get back to my pre-weekend weight. It shouldn't even be possible for me to gain 5 pounds in a weekend but the scale does not lie. Let's hope some of it is from all the salty snacks I inhaled and it won't take a month for me to lose it again.

Drew Brees and the Saints get to go to Disney World and I'm going to be spending even more time at Planet Fitness.

Who Dat gettin' right back on the healthy living bandwagon? ME!

14 comments:

  1. Who Dat indeed! Isn't it scary how fast the weight can come back?

    Great job being back on the bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five pounds is ridiculous. Drink loads of water and hang onto that bandwagon girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm sure most of the 5lbs is just carb and salt water. It should come off pretty quick.

    Resisting food when it's on the table in front of you is very difficult.

    Hope you have great week of healthy eating to make up for it.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easily I to but I dream the collection should have more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely part water weight! Those damn carbs do it every time!! So don't fret too much and it's great that you are putting it behind you and getting back to healthy choices. Every new choice is a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I flip out every time I see something like that on my scale too! But, you're right--too much for just 2 days. It's probably water retention or--wait for it--muscle!

    Have you measured yourself yet? Do so if you haven't because that's teh loss I have always counted on rather than the scale.

    Good for you with all the gym time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll keep my fingers crossed so you get some snow in the mountains!

    The plan I mentioned is at:

    www.settingcaptivesfree.com It is a Christian site so, if you're not really into that, I can email the eating plan for you (I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile just to clean out all the junk--tomorrow is my fast day, yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That SEEMS like a huge gain and would freak me out BUT .... I'm guessing a lot of that is fluid retention from the salty stuff you ate. Push water and don't worry about it; it's done! I can say that having had a suck weekend myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry!! You will get back the loss in no time.

    Meanwhile I gotta go check out this song on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's water weight, darlin. It will come off lickety split!! Just guzzle your water and all that exercise from running back and forth to the bathroom will have you back down in no time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you gained, but it sounds like you had a great time! That's always a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a sodium gain. Drink tons of water and it will fall back off in just a couple of days. It's not fat, so don't freak out too bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a timely post. I was about to be the answer to that Who Dat question. Have to start moving and eating healthy again.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed