Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cousin Frankie Gets Married

Big Italian weddings are always fun and cousin Frankie's wedding was no exception. Frankie and his bride Angela got married in a small church in Medford so we didn't have to travel far which is always good. It was a nice ceremony but it was a little strange when four or five members of the wedding party started walking down the isle before the music began playing. The church was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The organist finally started playing by the time the bride started her walk down the isle.


We actually snuck out before the "I dos" because I could feel a sneezing fit coming on and I didn't have any of my allergy pills with me. We got out of the church before I disrupted the service and took a quick detour to our house to get my medication before heading to the reception.


The reception was held at Venezia's on the waterfront in Quincy. I've never been to this restaurant but I'd like to go back and check out the restaurant for a special dinner. The meal was delicious and I had fun catching up with my aunts, uncles and cousins. Even though most of them don't live too far away, I don't get to see them very often.


I only had one cocktail which was more than I needed since I'm still sick with the cough that won't go away. I'm glad I wasn't in the mood to drink since the booze was $8 a glass. I did a good job staying away from the dessert table. I did have a few bites of the wedding cake but didn't have one cream puff or Italian pastry off the huge table of desserts.


I promised B I wouldn't abandon him at the table to spend the whole night taking pictures like I usually do at weddings. It was hard keeping my finger off the shutter and not running to catch every moment. We didn't stay too late even though we both have tomorrow off (Patriots Day). At least we waited 'til the old people left before we called it a night and headed home.


Of course we couldn't make it through the night without a couple of my aunts asking us when we were going to finally tie the knot. It's inevitable someone will bring up the fact we have been together forever (26+ years) and still "live in sin." I keep telling them we don't want to ruin a good thing and I'm not sure if I'm ready to be a grown up yet.


Best wishes to Frankie and Angela!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Sugar Coating Allowed