Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sick Day

I hate wasting sick days actually being sick. It's such a waste of a day off. I can't remember the the last time I called in sick but I caught the nasty cough bug and just couldn't manage to drag my *ss out of bed and go to the office after hacking a lung all night.

I thought it was just allergies when I started sneezing the other day but then I got the sore throat, wheezing and hacking cough just in time for the weekend. It was 70 degrees on the Friday before a long weekend and I didn't even get out to enjoy it. Even though I spent most of the day in bed getting up only long enough to do a few loads of laundry, the day flew by quicker than any day at the office.

I'm off to suck down some DayQuil and salvage the weekend. I can't waste a weekend day in bed.

2 comments:

  1. You have my sympathies - I hate coughing all night like that, so miserable.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! I had a horrible cough like that when I had the flu a few weeks and I know it can suck so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed