Friday, April 10, 2020

Captain’s Log – Day 25



Captain’s Log – Day 25

Good Morning and Happy Good Friday My Friends!

When I was a kid, I could never understand why it was called “Good” Friday. If it is commemorating such a dark and bleak event, why in the world would it be called “Good” Friday? I think the Germans who call it “Karfreitag” which means “Sorrowful Friday” are much more accurate in naming this holy day.

Our Passover/Easter celebrations will look very different this year. I know we all miss getting together with family and friends but we need to make these sacrifices in order for the world to return to some sort of normalcy someday soon.

I did manage to finally find some potatoes so I’m planning on making latkes this weekend. I wasn’t able to make them in time for Passover but better late than never.

I wish you all a very Good Friday and I hope you all have a great weekend. Happy Easter to you and your family if you celebrate.

Stay safe and take care.















Physically distant but socially engaged,
~ MB

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Sugar Coating Allowed