Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Captain’s Log – Day 43 – Who am I?

Captain’s Log – Day 43 – Who am I?

Hello Friends –

I hope all is well with you and you are staying strong, home, healthy and safe.

It has been fascinating to learn new things about our coworkers, friends and family through all this social distancing and the need for video conference calls from home. We have been able to get a small glimpse into people’s homes where we get to see their pets, kids, spouses and decor. We’ve been forced to get back to basics and, for better or worse, we’re beginning to see some people’s true colors (and some people’s true hair color).

Our office staff recently played a game of “Who am I” where we disclosed two interesting facts about ourselves to one person and then everyone else had to guess who that person was. These were things we never would have known if it weren’t for our current situation. Who knew we work with someone who ran with the bulls, someone who’s gone night diving, or someone who’s a serious gamer? It was all very interesting and we had so lots of fun learning more about each other.

Lately I’ve been feeling like a character from an 80’s movie who famously said “I want to wear my sandals. I want to go out to lunch. I want to be NORMAL again!” I’ve been repeating this line over and over again for the past month or so.

I thought it would be interesting to see who knows who said it and what movie it’s from.

Quote: “Oh, okay I took my life in my own hands, I made a mistake, fine I'm sorry! I'll never do it again! I want to wear my sandals. I want to go out to lunch. I want to be NORMAL again!”

Who am I?



Are there any interesting facts about you that people may not know? Please feel free to share.

I hope you have a great day. Take care, stay home and stay safe.

Physically distant but socially engaged,
~ MB

2 comments:

  1. How fun that you are learning new things about your coworkers in this way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was fun. Sadly, today I learned that a few of my coworkers got furloughed and those of us that didn't have to take a cut in pay. When is this going to right itself? UGH!

      Delete

No Sugar Coating Allowed