Friday, April 24, 2020

Captain’s Log – Day 39

Captain’s Log – Day 39

Happy Friday My Friends!

Wooohooo! We’ve almost made it through another work from home week.

I was going a bit stir crazy yesterday so Bill and I took a road trip to Boston after I clocked out of work. It took less than 7 minutes to get from my house to the Public Garden. It would normally take well over an hour to get there during rush hour. Silver linings everywhere.

Spring has certainly sprung on the blue blood streets of Boston. The tulips in the Public Garden have been planted but they have not fully bloomed yet. The trees are budding and the willows look beautiful but it’s not “peak” spring foliage just yet. Maybe next week.

It was very strange to stand in the middle of Boylston Street and St. James Avenue during rush hour and not worry about getting run over. I definitely got an eerie feeling walking around our neighborhood that is usually hustling and bustling with activity at that time of day.

Here are a few of the pictures I took on my walk through the park yesterday.

 
 


 


 


 


 


 
 

The last photo was taken through my windshield so it’s not great quality but I wanted to show you all how empty the streets are these days.

I hope you have a great weekend. Take care and stay safe out there.

Physically distant but socially engaged,
~ MB

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Sugar Coating Allowed