Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Me, Myself and I

I don't do these meme things often but this one caught my eye and I really wanted to be able to answer no. 9. It got my heart racing just thinking about it. I stole this meme from Vicki who got it from Angie by way of Dot. You should do it too.

I Want to Talk About Myself

1. Were you named after anyone?


The Fab Four came out with "Michelle" during the Summer of Love and my mother decided to change my name after hearing the new song. If not for the Beatles, my name would have been Cheryl. I wasn't a big fan of the song and hated when people called me "Michelle My Belle" but it has grown on me over the years. I don't think my father had much of a say in the matter as he was on the outs by that time but I think he pushed for my middle name to start with "L" so I would have "MLB" (Major League Baseball) for initials.


2. When was the last time you cried?


I tear up so easily; my eyes start watering when the wind blows. The last time I cried was last night while watching the Biggest Loser. I get so emotional watching people change their lives. I even cry watching the Olympics, sad movies/tv and sappy commercials. B calls me "a sensitive flower." It's probably been about six months since I've had a really good cry due to something going on in my life (usually work).


3. Do you like your handwriting?


Yeah, it is legible most of the time and sorta pretty but I wish I could write straight across on paper without lines.


4. What is your favorite lunch meat?


Honey Roasted Turkey is pretty much the only lunch meat I eat.


5. Do you have kids?


No, I have B; he's more than enough. I've never really wanted to have kids and now that I'm past 40 it doesn't seem likely but you never know, stranger things have happened. I'm pretty sure I got a defective clock, it doesn't keep the time.


6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?


I would love to have me for a friend. I just wish I treated myself as well as I treat my friends.

7. Do you use sarcasm?


Only around people who are smart enough to get it, otherwise it isn't any fun.


8. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yes I do and they are HUGE. Every doctor and dentist comments on how big my tonsils are but they refuse to take them out unless there is a reason.


9. Would you bungee jump?


Oh yeah! Absolutely! I did it! I bungee jumped off a crane at the Champlain Valley Fair a few years ago. It was probably the craziest thing I've ever done. I have a video of it and my heart rate spikes just watching it. I can't believe I did it. I'm always shocked by the gut wrenching noise I made when I jumped off the platform. I sounded as if someone stabbed me in the chest while I hurled. "EEEEHHHHHHHUUUUGGGGGHHHHH" ... then, once I bounced on the rope a few times I let out the "WOOOOOOOOOOO." I had perma-grin for days after. I should try to get that video on a digital file so I can show you. It was crazy and scary but I think I would do it again even if I'd be more scared now that I know what it's like.


10. What is your favorite cereal?


As a kid my favorite cereal was Lucky Charms, especially the marshmallow parts. Now I'd have to say my favorite is Honey Nut Cheerios or Chex.


11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?


Not if I can get them off without doing it.


13. What is your favorite ice cream?


When I was a kid I always got chocolate chip with extra jimmies but now my favorite is probably black raspberry with chocolate jimmies. There's a place in my neighborhood that has "Purple Cow" frozen yogurt (raspberry yogurt with milk and white chocolate chunks) with extra chocolate jimmies that is better than any full fat ice cream. I don't kid myself that it is even the slightest bit healthy but it is delicious.


14. What is the first thing you notice about people?


Definitely the eyes.


15. Red or pink?


I'm not a big fan of either color but I guess I would prefer red over pink.


16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?


My FAT and short stature. I'll always be short but I can (and will) do something about the FAT.


17. Who do you miss the most?


My Grampy.


18. Do you want everyone to complete this list?


Sure but I usually don't bother to do them so if they want to great, if not, no biggie.


19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?


Black/Black. 99.9% of the time the answer is black (shocker, huh?).


21. What are you listening to right now?


Good Morning America.


22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?


Periwinkle.


23. Favorite smells?


Fresh baked bread, mountain top air, fresh fallen snow, fresh cut grass, oranges and other citrus fruits.


24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?


B called to tell me I left my T pass and ipod in the car last night so now I have to go to work without tunes and pay extra to get on the train. UGGHH!


25. Do you like the person who sent this to you?


It wasn't sent to me but I love all the bloggers out there.


26. Favorite sports to watch?


Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots. Boston is the best sports town EVAH!


27. Hair color?


Whatever the hell my brother/hair stylist feels like. Currently it's light brown with high and low lights (and grey roots growing in). Good thing I have an appointment Friday.

28. Eye color?

Various shades of Blue depending on what I'm wearing and what kind of mood I'm in, with a darker blue ring around the iris.

29. Do you wear contacts?

Only on special occasions or when I'm playing winter sports. I can't be flying down a mountain or trail with fogged glasses. My eyes are super sensitive so I usually rip the contacts out as soon as the occasion is over. I have daily disposables so I can just toss them anywhere and put my glasses back on.

30. Favorite food?

Everything that isn't good for me, especially those evil white carbs ... bread, pasta, SUGAR, etc., etc., etc., oh, and chocolate. MMMmmmmm

31. Scary movies or happy endings?

I can't watch the spooky/gory stuff. It makes me tense.

32. What color shirt are you wearing?

Black and white (again, shocker, huh?)

32. Last movie you watched?

Quantum of Solace.

34. Summer or winter?

WINTER!!! The more snow the better.

35. Hugs or kisses?

Depends who's doing the hugging and kissing.

37. Most likely to respond?

Whoever is bored, wants to waste some time or wants to tell us something about themselves.

38. Least likely to respond?

Everyone who has something better to do.

39. What book are you reading now?

The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. I'm always reading something. Do you have any good book recommendations?

40. What is on your mouse pad?

I only use one at work and up until last week it was the Tasmanian Devil but I just got a new one with Gerber Daisies.

41. What did you watch on t.v. last night?

The Biggest Loser. I love watching the transformations and the time lapsed pictures of the Losers. I think I cry at least once during every episode. I want to be a LOSER too.

42. Favorite sounds?

I love listening to a crackling bonfire, the crickets and frogs while sitting out in the woods on a clear night or being woken up by the bird song in the spring although I wish they didn't start the concert so damn early.

43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?

Both. I've got a Rock 'n Roll heart.

44. What is the farthest you've been away from home?

I haven't gone far enough.

North - Canada; South - the Southern most point in Key West, Florida; West - Kansas City, MO.

I'm pretty sure once I go to the mountains out west or way up north I won't want to come back. Hmmm...that may not be such a bad idea. It's pretty sad that I don't even have a passport. I really need to get out more.

45. Do you have a special talent?

I like to think, and I've been told, I have a good photographic eye.

46. Where were you born?

About 3 miles away in a hospital that doesn't exist anymore. There's a church and a few McMansions there now.

47. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back?

Anyone who spends the time to answer.

48. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

We only lived a couple of blocks away from each other and I would walk by his house all the time on the way to my then boyfriend's house or I'd see him driving around the city. He says he had fantasies after seeing me walk home from cheerleading practice in my cute little uniform. Those were the days when I could wear a cute little uniform.

Not long after my then boyfriend broke up with me 'cause I wouldn't let him have my sweet cherry, I went to visit B's sister at her house and B was there. He was happy to hear I was single again and didn't hesitate to asked me out in front of his whole family. The rest, as they say, is history.

Ok, enough about me. It's time to talk about yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Love reading these but am not patient enough to answer myself.

    I LOVED your answer for 7--I have a good friend and we decided to only use our sarcasm on those worthy to understand it ;)

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are "jimmies" sprinkles? I'm originally from NY but live in Canada now and I will never get used to saying "pop" instead of soda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manuela: I usually don't have the patience or the time for these things either.

    Sarcasm just isn't any fun if people don't get it.

    Madelaine: Yes, "jimmies" are sprinkles. After I posted I realized I should have clarified that. Not sure if "jimmies" is a New England thing or what.

    Pop is a father figure not a soda.

    ReplyDelete

No Sugar Coating Allowed